Writing a good sales letter is very important, it is one of the key elements of your business. A good sales letter is really the difference between making some money or making a lot of money. And of course this is all about Conversions. The more your salesletter converts, the more people hit your site and buy and the more money you make. But, and this may be even more important, the more your copy converts, the more likely it is that affiliates will promote you. So a good sales letter will bring a lot of affiliates on board.
- Start with the Headline. This is the most important factor in your sales letter because if your headline is not powerful enough to draw the reader in, than they won’t even take a look at your sales letter, even if it is a masterpiece. Here are some elements that must be included in your title:
- The human element: Use real people/ human character for example ‘How a 34 year old from NYC…’ So you make a connection with the reader they can relate to.
- Use very specific numbers to convey product benefits, for example $1,456 instead of $1500.
- Always use popular/mainstream “buzz words” or Brand Names. These brands are established, so leech off of them: Google, Clickbank, Ebay, Yahoo. Do not only use them in the headline but also throughout the body of the entire sales letter.
- Follow with the Proof. The proofbox must be very close to the headline, so they believe the headline. This reinforces your headline and lends credibility to your claims. There are various forms of proof: screenshots, video, audio…for example you can use photo’s or a life video training to illustrate the power of a system. The proof must not be mindblowing, smaller more realistic numbers are also good. people will believe more easily they can do it also.
- Bring your message back down to earth and Sell, Sell, Sell the PAIN…just the PAIN for now! This will build empathy and trust in the reader…”I understand your pain, I’ve been where you are right now and I know that everything you’ve ever tried out there sucks! It’s all one big conspiracy” People are looking for a solution, make them believe all the rest is crap.
- The Real difference between good sales copy and ‘Killer’ Sales Copy: The Conspiracy Angle/ The “Missing piece of the puzzle” principle…Every great sales copy has an enemy…Your Target!!! For example with a lot of products the ‘Guru’s’ are the enemy…if you don’t have one…Invent One!
- Find an enemy: “Your Target”…the cause of all the broken promises the reader has suffered in trying to solve their problems. What you’re doing here is not so much selling to them (they’re already sold on searching for a solution to their problems) but rather discrediting your competition and showing why YOUR Solution addresses what all the others leave out.
- Writing a salesletter is not easy and takes time, but you have to put in the effort because it is so important. There are also other options, you can hire a copywriter but that is of course very expensive.
- There is also software available, like sales letters creator 2009, to write sales letters very quickly.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Create Perfect Sales Letters. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.